Turquoise Stone Nails With Sation

When I wore Sation Dating The Duke I knew I had to make an attempt at making my nails look like turquoise stone. I decided to try the water spotted technique used in this video. I  used Everclear (Will is using it to make flavor extracts) in a spray bottle to get the spotted effect with Sation I'm With The Bandana.
The process was a bit fiddly the first time around but I think it would go better next time. It was still easy enough to do on both hands & the effect is pretty darn cool. I think a darker metallic might have made them look a bit more like actual turquoise but I still love them!
Thanks for reading!
April

Comments

  1. OMG!!! This is so pretty. I wanna have this kind of color. I also love the design. I find it classy and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they turned out! I've been meaning to try this technique, did you use hand sanitizer spray or some other alcohol-based spray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot to ask Will what he had put in the spray bottle & accidentally posted this without that info! I fixed the post now. I used Everclear in a spray bottle.

      Delete
    2. Cool, thanks for replying! Any idea if he's using 151 proof or 191 proof? I wonder if the two would cause the nail polish to react differently.

      Delete
    3. Will says he used 191 & he doesn't think they would react differently. Let me know if you give the spotted effect a try!

      Delete
  3. You got a great effect! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthstone is the turquoise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts