I love flakies! This is one coat of Revlon Gold Goddess over Revlon French Roast. It's pretty much an exact dupe for Zoya Maria Luisa. I don't usually keep dupes since I try to keep my stash on the small side (at least for a blogger!) but I love this shade of gold and flakies so it's a keeper!
Love this series! You can keep up with what I'm reading on Goodreads!
Revlon Sheer Nude is one of those polishes I would never pick up for myself but I'm so glad a friend gave this one to me! I used 3 coats for this level of opacity. The formula is very buildable and you could easily make it more or less sheer depending on how many coats you use. Great polish that really grew on me throughout the day. I ended up really loving it!
Blech! Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen is just terrible all around in my opinion. Shown here at 3 coats, the formula is extremely streaky and really needed a fourth coat but I already hated the polish so I stopped. The polish is full of brushstrokes and the color seemed like something that was once white but had turned yellow from sun exposure; not a pretty color or finish in other words. The brush handle is a very stubby ball that I found awkward to use. And then there is the issue of scent. I'm not really into perfume so maybe this just will never be my thing but it smelled like nail polish mixed with a perfumey version of dryer sheets. The smell lingered into the second day of wear and was sometimes unpleasant, especially when I was eating a meal. Blech!
Here are some quick and easy Valentine's Day nails for you. I started with a base of Revlon Spice It Up and then added a layer of Revlon Sparkling to most of my nails. Revlon Sparkling is a clear base with small circle and medium hex glitter in a nice rosey pink, not my style but pretty. I'm not usually a fan of most glitter toppers though. I added a large heart of Revlon sparkling for an accent nail. Pretty manicure even if it's a bit out of my comfort zone.
Revlon Spice It Up is from their 2011 Spice It Up collection. I don't usually go for vampy polishes but there's just something about this one that I really love. Revlon Spice It Up is a deep brick red with copper micro shimmer that applies easily in 2 coats. Gorgeous!
Revlon French Roast is shown here at 2 coats; the formula was just fine but the brush was not. The brush is very stiff with uneven bristles which made application a bit tricky. I only have one other Revlon Colorstay polish and I don't remember it being terrible so maybe I just got a bad brush. The color of the polish is a bit disappointing too. There is nothing wrong with it per se but there are tiny multi colored shimmer particles visible in the bottle that look really cool but they disappear on the nail. It looks like a plain brown creme 99% of the time and maybe like it has a bit of regular shimmer the other 1%. Perfectly fine color but I have other brown cremes that I like better so I'll be passing this one along to a friend.
I love the Chew series from Image comics! Antonelle and Secret Agent Poyo are my favorite characters. You can keep up with what I'm reading on Goodreads!
I don't think Revlon makes this particular line of polish any more so I'm glad that a friend passed Revlon Spanish Moss my way. Army green has always been one of my favorite colors and Spanish Moss is the closest I've found to a true army green polish so far. Nice formula that covers in 2 eaily applied coats.
My friend Casey gave me these two fantastic Revlon Glimmer Gloss polishes & they look great together. I started with a base of Revlon Banana Blaze & then added freehand stripes of Revlon Cherry Fizz. My nails looked like candy!
Yellow jelly polishes are so strange looking but I love them anyway! This is 3 easily applied coats of Revlon Banana Blaze. It's a sunshine yellow jelly with sparse silver glitter. I know it doesn't look great with my skin tone but Banana Blaze is still a keeper since it's so unique! I'll have to try layering it over some other colors some day.
My friend Casey kindly gave me one of her cherished bottles of Revlon Cherry Fizz recently & I love it! Cherry Fizz is a dark hot pink jelly with sparse hot pink shimmer that's even prettier in person. It's got a great formula shown here at 5 coats. Perfect for spring & summer, thanks Casey!
I finally found this one a few weeks ago & I love it just as much as I hoped I would. Pale, greyed out pink with sparse silver glitter and silver hexagon glitter. I though it might be difficult to apply but the formula was fantastic! Drop dead gorgeous!!