What you'll need: 2 or 3 fairly opaque polishes (no thin formulas for this technique), a flat brush, & a good top coat (I like Essie Good To Go)
- Paint all your nails with one coat of the lightest polish color (Mint). Don't worry if it's streaky.
- Add chevrons in your second color (Green) to all nails. I just used the polish brushes. You can be very messy & imprecise.
- Add chevrons in the third color (Orange) to all nails.
- Remember your chevrons don't need to be straight and perfect!
- Next put a drop or two of green polish on your palette (I just use the middle of a nail wheel). Dip a flat brush in the polish & start creating your ikat lines. I recommend doing just two nails at a time at this point.
- Repeat step 5 with the orange & mint polishes, 2 nails at a time.
- It's going to look kind of terrible until you add the topcoat. Just go for it! Check the overall shape of your chevrons at this point. You can easily go back and add a few lines to straighten them up if needed. (You can see I added a line at the apex of my orange chevron
- Add a coat of topcoat before until continuing on to the rest of your nails. Beautiful, easy & foolproof!