Fab Lab Tulsa Halloween!


Fab Lab Tulsa is a non-profit entity that has collaborated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to assemble a diverse collection of state-of-the-art equipment and computers into a community workspace. For a small fee I have access to a 3D printer, vinyl cutter, laser cutter & a ShopBot!! I was able to use the Fab Lab for three fun Halloween projects: a "Bat Mobile", a shadow caster & a some concrete stepping stones.

I saw this cute bat mobile project on Martha Stewart's site & decided to make my own version. I love Batman so I used different Batman logos throughout the years. The bats were cut from card stock on the laser cutter.
My favorite bat!

This post inspired me to make a shadow caster of my own. He's scary! I cut him on the laser cutter too.

The ShopBot is the machine that I've been most excited about at the Fab Lab. It's a CNC router that can handle material up to 8' x 4'. I needed a fun, stress-free project to get started with the ShopBot & settled on using it to make foam molds for concrete stepping stones. The ShopBot is actually fairly simple to use & our foam turned out great! Here's a video!


The pink skull is the positive & we used the leftover for our mold. I think we'll paint the foam skull & use it for decorations. We also made a ghost, black cat, Frankenstein, & stabbing hand!


Thanks for reading & Happy Halloween from April, Will, & Wally!

Comments

Popular Posts