Latest Water Marble


I love water marbling! It's pretty easy and the results are cool. This is a base of Essie Adore-a-ball, marbled with Essie Mint Candy Apple, American Apparel Hassid & Essence Go Wild. All of these three polishes worked great for marbling!

There are lots of great tutorials around for doing a water marble, so I'll just tell you what I do differently.

I start by grabbing whatever chapstick I have around and putting that around my nails to make cleaning up my skin much easier. I've tried tape, but i thought it was annoying. Vaseline put on with a brush works great too, but the chapstick is the easiest thing I've tried so far.

I use a dish that is large enough for there to be some water surface without any polish. I then dip my finger straight down into the water without polish and bring it face-up under my favorite part of the design. I think most people put their nail face-down into the design, but I find this awkward. It works great for most people, but if you're feeling frustrated with that method, try it this way and see how it goes.

The part I would really like to improve is making designs in the polish after dropping them into the water. Does anyone have favorite links to tutorials?

explodingmary Art Wallet Giveaway! Ends 6/17.
Cream Perfume Company Review & Giveaway! Ends 6/15.

Thanks for reading!
April

P.S. I can't wait for the World Cup!!!!!! Who's the sexiest player this year?

Comments

  1. I love this and I can't wait to try water marbling. You make it sound so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of messy, but fun! It can be frustrating because not all colors work well for marbling. This is why I do mine before I change my polish. If it works, woohoo! If not, I was already prepared to change colors anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your marble looks lovely! I think I need to do some marbling again soon and try out the reversed dipping.
    I'm always so impressed by Colette's marbling tutorials at http://mysimplelittlepleasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done any marbling but would love to. I like the idea about using the chapstick. Sounds much easier. And, I don't have to buy any Vaseline...I have chapstick already.
    Cool color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm not as nail savvy as you but I looking....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip about the different technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that nail polish is fabulous xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice. That's something I haven't tried yet.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to try that:) It is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I tried water marbling but its not work appropriate.... I save it for the weekends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! It almost looks like a water painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts