December 20, 2011
I love matte & suede finish polishes. I traded my friend Carla-Rose a Nubar 2010 for You Don't Know Jacques Suede. The formula on the suedes is very tricky. It seems like you need to do one coat without going over anything! It starts to ball up and drag when I tried to level it out. I tried waiting a while for it to dry before I did another coat but I had the same problem. I love the look but I could use some application tips ladies!
Zoya Holly & Rina to make garland and then added sparkly bows with China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I added a topcoat too.
January 31, 2010
I love my OPI Russian Navy Suede! This is 2 coats and a topcoat. I love it with or without a topcoat. Gorgeous! My heart would break if I ever lost the ring in this picture. Without a doubt my favorite material possession. I picked it up in New Orleans several years ago.
There are some really good giveaways in today's roundup. I love blog giveaways because you actually have a pretty good chance of winning! (And you may find yourself some new readers!) Check out the Point Blank Art giveaway (#6) for example. There are only 4 entries at the time of this posting! Go enter and tell me if you win! Also check out #11. You can win an amazing prize pack that includes products from Illamasqua, MAC, Zoya & many more. Anyone who likes traditional tattoo art and handmade awesomeness should check out #15. Only 25 entries so far!
- Win your choice of Flirty Aprons from Evenflo & Two of a Kind. Ends 2/1.
- Win 2 pairs of socks of your choice from Ozone Socks & Mommy 2 Two Girls. I love over the knee socks & they have some really unique options! Ends 2/1.
- Win a $50 gift certificate to Snapfish from Lipstick to Crayons. Ends 2/1.
- Win Cowgirl Chocolates from Mommy Loves Giveaways. They make all sorts of hot & spicy chocolates that I have been wanting to try for well over a year! Ends 2/1.
- Win a Slanket from a Mom's Balancing Act. (The word slanket makes me laugh.) Ends 2/1.
- Win your choice of prints from Point Blank Art & Nerdlike. You may remember me telling you about Point Blank's prints in my Halloween post. Go enter this one now! There are only a few entries so far. Ends 2/1.
- Win your choice of shapewear from DuMi & the Funky Monkey. Ends 2/1.
- Win your choice of Flirty Aprons from Silver Savings. Ends 2/2.
- Win a Shabby Apple dress from This Mama Rocks. Ends 2/2.
- Win Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Gel from Sweeps4Bloggers. Ends 2/2.
- Win a prize package of beauty goodies worth almost $1000 from Krasey Beauty. Ends 2/3.
- Win a Kodak Digital Frame from Mommy Goggles. Ends 2/3.
- Win your choice of Flirty Aprons from a Little of This and a Little of That. Ends 2/3.
- Win a Sodastream from Sweeps4Bloggers. Ends 2/3.
- Win a set of articulated paper dolls (these are so cool!) from Illustrated Ink & Tattoo Tales. Ends 2/3.
- Win a $50 gift certificate to Sanpfish from Rockin Mama. Ends 2/3.
- Win a $25 gift certificate to Good Judy from Handmade Guru. ends 2/3.
- Win Cowgirl Chocolates from Fab Find Foodie. Ends 2/3.
- Win a CleanRest package (for folks with allergies!) from Emmys Boos ans Rawrs. Ends 2/4.
- Win an Air-O-Swiss humidifier from Thanks, Mail Carrier. Ends 2/4.
- Win a Parazul handbag from Theta Mom. Ends 2/4.
- Win an Adi Bakshi scarf from Fashion Fling. Ends 2/4.
- Win a $50 gift certificate to Omaha Steaks from the B Keeps Us Honest. Ends 2/4.
- Win a sweater & shirt from Land's End & the B Keeps Us Honest. Ends 2/4.
- Win your choice of Swanky Aprons from the Adventures of Paul & Natalie. Ends 2/4.
- Win your choice of Flirty Aprons from Rockin Mama. Ends 2/4.
- Win a $70 gift certificate to J. Fold from Born 2 Impress. Ends 2/4.
- Win a $40 gift certificate to Skindecent and a jar of Manicure in a Minute from Handmade Guru. Ends 2/4.
December 14, 2009
This is another of my Dollar Tree finds and I love it! The finish is a cross between a metallic and suede. Maybelline Blue Aluminum looks like a super shiny chrome in bright light or from a distance, but up close and in low light, the finish is very similar to O.P.I.'s Suede collection. A beautiful and extremely unique icy blue! This is 2 coats. It was a little gloopy but still pretty easy to apply. This polish dries super fast! I went to sleep within 20 minutes with no topcoat didn't mess it up at all. It dries to the touch in a minute or two. Wish I'd been able to find a back up of this beauty! The first picture shows the suede finish. The second is me trying to get a shot of the polish looking metallic. Please feel free to make fun of my "I'm concentrating really hard on not moving my hands" face.
- Win a Popcorn Snowman Snack Assortment from The Dirty T Shirt. Ends 12/15.
- Win a set of 10 Truffle Bars from Seattle Chocolates and Sweeps4Bloggers. Ends 12/15.
- Win a Price Pfister faucet from TicTacDough! Ends 12/15.
- Win a Serene Bath & Body Store Holiday Gift Basket from Sweeps4Bloggers. Ends 12/15.
- Win an unbelievably cute necklace from Enchanted Leaves and Down and Out Chic. Ends 12/15. (Check out Down & Out Chic's Blog even if you don't enter the giveaway! One of my new favorites.)
- Win a 10" Xtrema Ceramcor Skillet from Sweeps4Bloggers. Ends 12/18.
- Win a $75 gift certificate to Red Envelope from Sweeps4Bloggers!!! Ends 12/19.
- Win an Oogave Natural Soda prize package (including Watermelon Cream flavor!) from Sweeps4Bloggers. Ends 12/20.
- Win the apron of your choice from Boojiboo and CoolCanucks. Ends 12/29.
- Win a Tassimo Beverage Maker from Southern Hospitality. Ends 12/31.