Treat St. Patrick's Day Like a Real Holiday!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!!!


This is one of my favorite commercials. It's from 2004. The soccer channel I used to watch soccer on played it constantly and it still makes me happy every time I see it.
Holidays always seem to creep up on me. I wanted to watch some movies and check out some books from the library about Ireland but I never got around to it. There's just always so much going on.
I have the movie Quiet Man that I want to try and watch this weekend. I've never seen it before. It's one of my dads favorites. And of course there's always Darby O'Gill and the Little People. It has a young Sean Connery singing this! It always get stuck in my head (like right now).
I did change my computer background, and strung up these shamrock lights I got from Target a couple of years ago.

What are you guys doing to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

And now on to the nails.

I did this manicure with OPI Hey Get In Lime! as a base and Tic Tac Green for the art.

On the thumb I did a french manicure with OPI Greenwich Village, but decided I didn't like it enough to do it on all my nails.

This next one took too long to do so I only did it on my thumb. I think it's really cute. It would have taken me 2 or 3 hours to finish though! I got the idea from here.

I used OPI Alpine Snow as a base. For the outline of the Shamrock I used a dotting tool and Orly Enchanted forest. To finish off the flag I used OPI Atomic Orange and OPI Jade is the New Black (one of my new favorite colors!).

The one i'm actually wearing today is much simpler than both of these. Which is more my style.
I'm wearing OPI Jade is the New Black, and on a couple of my fingers I did the Irish flag with the same colors as above.

On my other hand I put the Irish flag on my thumb.

Don't forget to have a Guinness (or several) and wear green!
Thanks for reading.
-Ashley

Comments

  1. Ashley went a little insane last night! I love it! And now I'll have Sean Connery singing in my head all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! How did you get all the shamrocks the same! Great job!!!
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fisrt mani! It's very cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts