OPI You Don't Know Jacques Suede & Christmas Garland Nail Art


I love matte & suede finish polishes. I traded my friend Carla-Rose a Nubar 2010 for You Don't Know Jacques Suede. The formula on the suedes is very tricky. It seems like you need to do one coat without going over anything! It starts to ball up and drag when I tried to level it out. I tried waiting a while for it to dry before I did another coat but I had the same problem. I love the look but I could use some application tips ladies!
The next day I used Zoya Holly & Rina to make garland and then added sparkly bows with China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I added a topcoat too.
Thanks for reading!
April

Comments

  1. ((gasp)) I own "You Don't Know Jacques" but didn't know it came in Suede as well. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get this suede polish! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely shade! I am adding that OPI to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice! Love the base color! Really cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a super delayed comment as i am the worst reader ever but here is your answer regarding application of matte polishes:

    "Answer regarding base coat usage courtesy of Zoya’s Leo Reyzis:
    The film properties of matte formulas are not consistent with the properties of regular polish therefore when one gets applied over the other there is a different rate of drying which causes distortions in the surface tensions of both films, best seen as ridges and valleys that will form on the polish surface (as well infinitely endless drying time). If a basecoat is still desired you must wait for base to dry completely for matte formulas to be applied on top. This may help extend wear however the surface must be completely dry and residue free prior to applying matte formula."

    that's from ALU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Rebecca! And I love comments no matter when they're posted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts