May 15, 2013

The Shining Nail Art!

My sister Ashley decided to do some ambitious nail art for the opening of Room 237 a documentary which explores numerous theories about Stanley Kubrick’s “The Shining” and its hidden meanings.

She started with a base of Zoya Dea then carefully drew the orange pattern with a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Orange. Finally she added the red dots using Zoya Kristi. I'm blown away by this manicure! She is so much more patient than I am. Fantastic idea & excellent execution!

 
Here are some fun The Shining related links!

Thanks for reading!
April

3 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    Have you seen "Room 237" yet? "The Shining" was one of my very favorite novels growing up; I still think it's a masterpiece of the "horror" genre. Hence, I enjoyed the miniseries made in the mid-'90s, but LOATHED Kubrik's version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet. I haven't read the book either. Kubrick is always a very polarizing figure!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is fantastic! I just followed, really could have sworn I was already following you. Anyway, great post!

    ReplyDelete