World Cup Germany vs Spain


I didn't really care who won yesterday's World Cup match. Both teams are good but I never developed any strong feelings for either team. I had a good idea for German nails so I just went with that. This is my tribute to the German Machine, as people have been calling them during this tournament. I love how this one turned out!

I used American Apparel Hassid as a base for all of my nails except for the flag. I used a Tic Tac Red for that one. The next morning I cut a piece of painter's tape to block off the red stripe and painted the rest of the flag with Hassid and American Apparel Manila. Then I used more of my awesome smART Nails sticker stencils & China Glaze Millennium for all of the chrome machine parts.

I'm actually excited that both Spain & the Netherlands are going through to the finals. I liked all four teams but neither Spain nor Holland have ever won the World Cup. Now we'll have a new World Cup Champion no matter the outcome of Sunday's final!

A couple of my friends have been loyal Spain supporters and they painted their nails for Spain during the quarter finals. Here's Kim's Spain nails with a number 9 for Fernando Torres.

And here's Regan's Spanish flag nails on the left and Kim on the right showing their support for La Furia Rojas. I love this picture! Thanks for letting me steal your photos ladies.


Thanks for reading!
April

Comments

  1. Your sticker stencil stuff has been turning out amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nails! Love the first photo. ;)

    Hey, have you joined my Essence Eclipse giveaway yet? If not here's a link:
    http://tianasplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love first nail art, original & fun ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love it!!!
    Not the average world cup manicure but sooooo cool and original :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! your manicure is SHARP! Ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love the machine idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts