Ikat Heart Nails!!

I'm always looking for new ideas for nail art so I asked my lovely sisters to send me some inspiration a few weeks ago. One of the things Ashley passed along was this post about the ikat trend. It didn't really catch my attention at first. Later I ran across these fun ikat nails by Candice of Mr. Candiipants. She has a great tutorial video!
I decided to try my own ikat nails & I  LOVE how they turned out. It's actually way easier than you might expect based on the results.
I used my beloved Pure Ice French Kiss for the base. Then added hot pink hearts in Zoya Lolly., a little dab of Color Club Blue Light & finished with lines of Zoya Marley.  You can be very messy with everything & if you happen to add a bit too much polish when adding the lines, you can very easily go back & add a few lines in your base colors.
 
 
I think this may be the best manicure I've ever done. Thanks Ashley for the original inspiration & to Candice of Mr. Candiipants for helping me figure out how to accomplish the look. Thanks for reading!
April

Comments

  1. Wow! I thought these were nail strips at first. What a cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I loveee these!!! Super creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job and the colors you chose go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! This looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!
    LOVE them :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. posted at http://fuckyeahnailart.tumblr.com/post/17507706464

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been out of the loop! So glad I caught your green and orange ikat nails today because these are also fabulous and I'm glad to see them! Neat neat neat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts