This was so fun! I have been setting aside polishes that I don't work for me in anticipation of a day of mixing them up to see what happens. Here's my first attempt and I'm pretty pleased with result. I mixed this turquoise shimmer with Sinful Big Daddy. I knew these were complimentary colors so they would probably make a brown, but I didn't anticipate such an interesting result. I decided to name it Muddy Waters. This ended up being a nice dark mushroom color with a strong turquoise shimmery flash. I certainly don't have anything even close to this in my little collection. I think you could achieve a similar result by mixing any two complimentary colors. Maybe a yellow creme with a purple shimmer would give you a mushroom with purple flash. Green shimmer & a red creme might make a mushroom with green shimmer. Get out your unwanteds and start mixing up some mushroom shimmers! Let me know if you try it out!
Here is my second Valentine's manicure. I used Muddy Waters as a base and my Migi Nail Art Pens for the hearts. I got the idea from Steph at Nail Juice. I call my version Valentine's Day Blues.
Enter blog giveaways! It's a great way to get new readers, make new friends and you might get lucky! I won a $75 gift certificate to L'Occitane just this morning!
- Win some great nail polish and nail art pens from Rhea at the Chain Nail. Hurry ends soon!
- Win a prize package from Etsy Latino. Hurry ends tonight!
- Win a SAG awards gift bag filled with incredible goodies including a $100 Macy's gift card from Pink and Posh. Hurry ends tonight!
- Win a $50 gift certificate to We Love Colors from One Bored Mommy. Ends 2/15.
- Win 500 business cards from UPrinting & Days Like These. Ends 2/15.
- Win a $50 gift card to Walmart from the Dirty Shirt. Ends 2/16.
- Win Cowgirl Chocolates from Sweet Deals 4 Moms. Ends 2/17.
- Win awesome polish prizes from Lacquered Lizard. End date unknown.
Happy Valentine's Day!